Things I Wish I Said...

It was good to be home yesterday. While we had a great time on vacation, it just felt good to be home with our Parkway family on Sunday. Let me just say that I thought the worship was very strong yesterday. I absolutely love the new stage design and the way that it adds life to the service. As for the message, it was one that I wasn't really sure how it would be received. Expelled and creationism isn't the easiest point from which to launch a series and I wasn't sure that everyone would connect with it. Well, I was wrong. From the feedback I received, the evolution v. creationism debate is alive and well and is a part of day-to-day life even in Victoria. I am grateful that the Lord used His Word to encourage so many hearts yesterday. Now, on to things I wish I had said:

1. Moses is the man. He was a leader, author, and committed man after God's own heart. I love his prayer in Psalm 90.
2. Ben Stein is most famous for his "Bueller, Bueller..." line in Ferris Bueller's day off. How did I miss the opportunity to weave in this classic movie line?
3. Knowing that the God who created the universe is recreating me brings me more hope than you will ever know.
4. On the 7th day, God rested after creating the heavens and the earth and everything on it. He never rests on his recreation project called you and me.
5. God is just as proud of us as new creations as he was of his creation in Genesis 1.
6. You can argue against the existence of God. You will lose this argument. But you can argue it if you must.

I can't wait for Sunday when we look at the character of God through the movie Evan Almighty. Three words: funny, funny, funny. This movie is hilarious and has a pretty good point, too!

Comments