Moving Day

Today, the movers are loading the truck. After 12 hours of packing boxes yesterday, all of our stuff is ready to get shoved into a truck and hauled to Texas. Two things hit me in this:

1. Wow, we have a lot of stuff. We aren't clutter people, but we have a bunch of stuff. It took 5 people 12 hours to box it all up.

2. Moving isn't as easy as I thought it would be. I'm not just talking about the details of the move. Can you say headache? I am also talking about the mixed emotions of looking forward to what is next and saying goodbye to what is now.

Comments

Marvin said…
It was really a sad moment seeing your whole house packed in that truck last night. I am sure for you guys the reality of this whole move has set in. I know God has big things in store for you and your family in Victoria. We will miss you guys! It seems like we were just starting to really get you know you and now you are leaving!! Our paths will cross again and who knows maybe one day we will make a trip to Texas! Praying for you guys!
Anonymous said…
How Random! Mike, welcome to Victoria.... I am Adam, I do small groups around the corner from you at Faith Family. I was brainstorming some ways of meshing blogging and small groups - searched google and this popped up. What a random connection. We are glad you are coming to town. God is going to do great things in our city. Let's connect this summer - I will welcome you to town with some grub.
Adam