Things I Wish I Said | Down to Earth Humility


Wow.  What a great day at Parkway.   Loved the Christmas music, the energy in the room and getting to spend time together.  As we continued the series, Down to Earth, we learned how Jesus redefined greatness with His birth, life, and eventual death on the cross.  Greatness now serves.  Greatness now loves.  Greatness now looks to the interests of others.  Turn to Philippians 2 and Paul instructs us to have the same mindset in our relationships.  This is when Christmas becomes very personal.  Because Jesus humbled Himself, came for me, died for me, I should do the same for others.  I can live humbly.  I can live intentionally.  I can choose to submit my life for the benefit of others.

Now, for some things I wish I said (and somethings that I'm glad I said):
  • Even Jesus' birthplace showed how He would live his life.  Greatness comes from Bethlehem though Bethlehem is a small, humble town.
  • You can't choose where you were born, but you can choose how you live.
  • Because I worship Jesus, I will make myself nothing - even if it costs me something.
  • Because I worship Jesus, I will obey Him - even if I don't want to.
  • I won't use my relationship with God to only benefit myself.  I will lay my life down for others.
  • Who is counting on you to make life not about you?
  • The secret to living a humble life is being willing to submit your life first to Christ and then to others.
  • Out of reverence for Christ, submit your lives to one another.
  • Deal with selfish ambition so that you value others and look to their interests above your own.  Down to earth love leads to down to earth humility.
  • If you can have the mind of Christ, why would you setting for anything less?

Comments