Things I Wish I Said | Down to Earth Love


1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. John 1:1-5
Yesterday, we kicked off, Down to Earth, our Christmas series.  Yes, I am preaching the unchanging story of Christmas!  Yes, it's the same message from last year and the year before and the year before.  You catch my drift.  Bottom line:  there is no other story to be told than the story of the God's Son born in Bethlehem to save us from our sins.  This Christmas, like every Christmas, we are going to dig into this unchanging story of Jesus and how His life changes ours.  I began with a look at His down to earth love displayed at Christmas.

Now, for some things that I wish I said:

  • Until you know how much you are loved by God, you will never know your potential in Christ.
  • The love of God is the foundation for our spiritual life.
  • Love is a decision, based on commitment.
  • When I make life about me, I am not loving.
  • When I don't value others, I am not loving.
  • Choosing to love others is a second by second decision.
At Christmas, we celebrate that God didn’t come from us, but he came down to earth for us.




Comments