Things I Wish I Said | Tomorrow



I am so thankful that the Lord is teaching me as I get to teach you.  The messages that I preach, I live.  I live the passages.  I live the struggle.  I live the takeaway of the talk most every week.  Sometimes I get it right.  Many times I don't, but the Lord teaches me as I teach you.

This was especially true this week.  Based on what the Lord taught me, the message that I planned to preach was incomplete.  My plan was simple:  help people develop a financial plan that helps us plan for tomorrow rather than worrying about tomorrow.  This message while good wasn't all that needed to be taught.  So what was?  If it's true that tomorrow is coming (and it is), we need to be prepared not just financially, but relationally and most importantly spiritually.

I'm grateful to the Lord that I was able teach what I am learning on Sunday.

Now, for some things that I wish I said:
  • If we don't plan for tomorrow, we have no option but to worry about tomorrow.
  • Having a solid financial foundation isn't the only thing you need to be ready for tomorrow.
  • Our ability to be "rich" is based on our ability to be content in what God has given us.
  • You can live the american dream - good money, good relationships - and miss God's dream for your life.
  • Don't settle for the American dream.  Strive to live a God honoring life that is faithful today and trusts Him for tomorrow.
  • To be ready for tomorrow, we need a plan.  We need a financial plan, a strategy for healthy relationships, and an intentional path for spiritual growth.


Comments