Things I Wish I Said | Stress is Bad




I don't have to convince you of this. Stress is bad. Relational stress is bad. Stress at work is bad. Stress caused by health problems is bad. Stress is bad. That's why I on Sunday, we took at look at the #1 stressor that puts pressure on our lives. What is that #1 stressor? It's hasn't changed for decades. The #1 stressor is how we handle our money. The talk centered on one simple Proverb that speaks both to our issues and gives us a plan for deal with financial stress.
7 One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth. Proverbs 13:7
Do you see yourself in this verse? Are you pretending to be rich or are you pretending to be poor? When we pretend to be rich, we live beyond our means and define our lives by things that don't truly matter. When we pretend to be poor, we live beneath our means. We are content with what God has given us and we have great wealth.

Now for some things that I wish I said:
  1. The difference between LOVING money and HAVING money is my response. 
  2. When I pretend to be rich, I have to keep pretending. 
  3. When I pretend to be poor, I will experience great wealth. 
  4. Great wealth is ultimately found in being content with what you have and who you are. 
  5. Without a less is more mindset, we will continue to chase the wind and experience stress. 
  6. It takes work to be content with what you have. 
  7. Develop a plan and live within a budget. 
  8. Stop fighting about what you have spent and make a plan trusting God together on what you will spend. 
  9. We love God and have money.
6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9 Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. 1 Timothy 6:6-10




Comments