Things I Wish I Said | Wisdom


I love some sermons.  I like others.  Some sermons flow and the obvious work of God is visible as I look out while teach.  Other sermons are more labored.  They are good, but I wonder, "Is anyone with me?"  Sunday was one of those talks.  I was confident in God's Word, but a touch unsure of the way that I chose to present it.  In moments like this, my mindset is simple:  do what only you can do and God will do what only He can do.  My job in that moment is to be faithful and trust that God is working.

So, was God working?  You bet He was.  Men, women, and couples came up to me to tell me how God used James 1 to speak to them and how they want to build their lives on Godly wisdom.  Was God working?  You bet He was.  New believer kits were picked up because people said yes to Jesus.  Was God working?  You bet He was.  A man came looking for information on how he could serve with Samaritan's Purse this month while he is taking some time off from work.  Was God working?  You be He was and I am so thankful for that!

Now, for some things that I wish I said....

  • I don't always get it right.  Sometimes, I make some pretty dumb decisions.
  • When smart people do stupid things, they are walking away from God's wisdom and a price will be paid.
  • God's wisdom will always be best for us.  It's time to agree with Him on this and trust Him as our Heavenly Father.
  • To say "Yes" to God's wisdom, I will need to say "No" to my way of thought often.
  • The longer that I walk with Jesus, the easier it is to say yes to His way instead of chasing mine.
  • God gives His wisdom generously, graciously, and freely so I can come to Him often, in need, and expecting Him to provide what I need.


Comments