Things I Wish I Said | The Mind Game


What a powerful end to the series, Let the Games Begin.  Based on our time in worship, our submission to His Word, and our response to Him, it is clear that God was at work among us.  I pray that the Lord would continue this in the weeks ahead as we dig into the book of James.  Now, for some things that I wish I said:
  • There is no place for mind games in relationships.   
  • The most dangerous mind game is the game that our mind plays on us.
  • Deal with the mind game.  Ask yourself this question:  Is what I think is happening actually happening or is my mind playing a game on me?  Check for confirmation bias - you see what you are looking for and only that.
  • If I am overly negative about everything, there is something negative happening in me.
  • Check your thoughts, words, and actions.  Are you too negative?  Is your mind playing a game?
  • My job in every relationship.  Guard my heart so that I think the best, say the best and do the best for others.
23 Above all else, guard your heart,
    for everything you do flows from it.
24 Keep your mouth free of perversity;
    keep corrupt talk far from your lips.
25 Let your eyes look straight ahead;
    fix your gaze directly before you.
26 Give careful thought to the paths for your feet
    and be steadfast in all your ways.
27 Do not turn to the right or the left;
    keep your foot from evil.  
Proverbs 4:23-27

Comments