Things I Wish I Said, Malachi


This week, we wrapped up the Minors.  When I wrote these messages, I couldn't wait to share them.  I couldn't wait to unpack the truth found in the Minor Prophets.  I couldn't wait to see how the Lord might work among us through His Word.  As we finished up the Sunday morning teaching through the Minors, I can say this with confidence, "The Lord worked mightily among us!"

On Sunday, we dug into the book of Malachi.  We heard from God's messenger on the need to put God first in our lives.  Know this:  we will have something or someone one as our God.  God says through Malachi that we should give God the honor that is due Him and that God expects us to obey all of His commands.

Now for some things that I wish I said:

  • We all need to hear the message of Malachi.
  • When we have something or someone in God's place in our lives, we have a really big problem.
  • We build our lives on God's love.  It's our foundation.  It's our hope.  It's our confidence.
  • We grow in generosity one generous act at a time.
  • Start giving to the mission of God and see your heart grow in generosity.
  • If you are married, live the vow you made before God.
  • If you are single, live for the vow you look forward to making before God.  
  • Keep it clean and pure today so that you learn how to be faithful tomorrow.
  • Our kids needs change over the years, but their need for parents never changes.

Comments