Things I Wish I Said, True North


I love Parkway Church!  As you pastor, one of my roles is to bring you the best, Biblical, challenging messages.  Sometimes, I will deliver these messages.  Other times, a member of our pastoral team will bring it.  And then, on the rare occasion, we use video teaching from around the country to supplement what we do locally.  So, where is what I love about Parkway:  you get it.  It's not about the mode of delivery or the person sharing the message.  It's about the message that God has for us. These past two weeks, I have witnessed you participate with video messages.  You laughed.  You clapped.  You learned.  I know this is true because I did, too.  Thanks for being the church that does things differently so that we can make a difference in our community.  Thanks for being the church that trusts her leaders.  Thanks for being the church that the Crossroads needs.

Now, for some thoughts from Pastor Chocko's message:

  • WOW.  Such passion.  Such a powerful message.
  • Being salt and light isn't a sweet statement.  It is a responsibility.
  • There is evil in the world because of the absence of good.   The church is good and should engage.
  • The person who won't repent doesn't think they every do anything wrong.
  • When we accomodate to culture, we minimize the Gospel's power.
  • When we oppose everything in culture, we lose love and grace.
  • When we withdraw from culture, we lose our influence in the lives of others.
  • When we engage in culture, we do what Jesus did.
  • Know who you are.  Live by your identity.
  • Keep going back to God's True North, the Bible.   Make the necessary adjustments.

Comments