Things I Wish I Said, Amos



I am loving this series.  Walking through the Minor Prophets has been challenging, but so needed. This week, we dug into the book of Amos.  Amos was an unlikely prophet who shared a much needed call to return to God.  The clear, concise message of Amos is so applicable to our lives.

Here are some things that I wish I said:

  • I am so glad that it's not my job to be a prophet.  It's not my job to give new revelation from God.  My job is to bring to light the truth God has already revealed in the Bible. 
  • It breaks my heart when I see people that are religious but still living jacked up lives.
  • It's not enough to be spiritual, God wants us to be righteous. (OK, I said that a few times.)
  • My heart doesn't always match the heart of God when it comes to the last, the least and the lost. This needs to change.
  • God has disciplined me and my life is better because of it.
  • I need God's discipline.


Comments