Things I Wish I Said, Summit Sunday



So, today I was told that this was the best message that I have ever preached.  Really, the best ever. Now, if you weren't with us, you need to know that I didn't preach.  Instead, we shared Danielle Strickland's message from last year's Global Leadership Summit.   She shared the story of Gideon and encouraged us to learn what humility and dependence look like in spiritual leader.  It was an amazing message that encouraged me in many ways.  Here are some things that I wish I said on Leadership Interrupted.

  • The Global Leadership Summit has been my go-to event for almost 20 years.  It's where I go to get fired up.  It's where I go to get stretched and challenged.  It's where I go to sit an learn.  You should sit with me this year.
  • Danielle Strickland is one of the most gifted communicators to ever speak at the Summit.  As a student of speakers, I saw so much to admire in her content, style, and sense of humor.
  • True humility is agreeing with God that you are who you are.
  • Total dependence is agreeing that God is who He is.
  • When I served in DC, everyone thought they were a leader.  In the crossroads, few see themselves as leaders.
  • People in the crossroads need to say yes to leading others without reservation or hesitation because God has a plan and He can be trusted.  
  • It's time that we agree with Him and follow Him to lead!
  • Pockets of dependency grow our faith.  We need to know where we are trusting God right now.
  • It's time to delete the tape.  Stop replaying the same broken thoughts in your mind.  Be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Delete the tapes.
  • Parkway is an amazing, loving, supportive, creative and risk taking church.  I love that we have the freedom to do new things and watch God work.
  • Does video teaching work?  Yep.  3 new believer kit where picked up this Sunday,
Well, I could keep going, but we will stop it there.

Comments