Things I Wish I Said....




This Sunday, we wrapped up the series, The Genius of Jesus.  I loved this series.   I love the simple acts of Jesus that teach us profound truth.  I love that Jesus said that the path to greatness is found through serving others.  I love that Jesus calls us to say yes to Him and that His yes is always best for us.  I love that we can hold on to and experience His promises.   That is what we talked about this past Sunday.  Through communion, we see Jesus' prediction that He would die and be raised again. Through communion, we hold onto Jesus' promise that we will be with Him again.  Jesus said He is the Bread of Life so we turn to Him to find life.  Jesus said He is the Good Shepherd who lays His life down for His sheep so He is the only one who can grant us life.

Now, for some things that I wish I said...

  • Examining our hearts and lives is essential as we come to the Lord's table.
  • Our common union (communion) in Christ, extends beyond what we do in a worship service.
  • This week, many of our groups will be celebrating communion in their groups.
  • The act of taking communion isn't an act of religion.  It is an act of faith where we remember Jesus, proclaim Jesus to others, and anticipate the return of Jesus.
  • When we take the Lord's Supper, we taste and see just how good God is.


Comments