Things I Wish I Said, Sticky Families


Sunday was an amazing day at Parkway.  I had high hopes for the day and God blew my expectations away.   First, the Family Worship Experience was fun and challenging to all of us to continue to be proactive in our faith.  Second, the church showed it's unity one more time by voting to sell a piece of our property in Port Lavaca.  It is so cool to see the Lord provide open doors for our church and then to see the church walk through those doors with great faith.  Third, the parties at each location were a great time to connect with each other.  In a church our size, it is always good to spend time together in smaller groups at each campus.  And now the big one, we witnessed 16 people go public with their faith through baptism.  Yes, on a holiday weekend, we saw 16 people get baptized!  Over the last two months, we have seen 52 people go public with their faith.  God is at work!

Now for some things that I wish I said in my message:
  • Thanks to our military and military families for their service and sacrifice.
  • I wouldn't be who I am today without some key sticky relationships.  I am forever grateful to my wife Kristi who has grown with me over the years, John Whiltshire who lead me to Christ, Scott Weatherford who trusted me to lead when I was young and Lon Solomon who stretched me and models visionary leadership to this day.
  • I wouldn't be who I am today without some sticky experiences.  Sticky experiences can from both good and bad situations.   I have seen God use my best days and worst days to build my faith.
  • If every kid needs 5 adults to invest in them, we all need to play our part in raising up the next generation.
  • I love the changes that we are seeing in our church as we partner with parents.  We have made some intentional moves in the last two years and we are beginning to see the fruit of those decisions.
I can't wait to start the new series Trending on June 4.  I'm going to pick the biggest headline of the week and see what the Bible says about it.  Given my news story for this week, I'm calling my shoot. This will be a home run message.

Comments