Things I Wish I Said...

The response to yesterday's message reminds me why I love Parkway church so much.  Yesterday, my message was was an in your face, no holds barred, challenge to live a life of purity before God and with people.  When you swing as hard as I did with the message, sometimes people take offense with the truth and want to swing back.  This is not the case at Parkway.  Parkway is a church that welcomes frank talks with a clear challenge from Scripture.  Parkway is a church that doesn't pull back from even the touchiest of subjects and I am so thankful for this.  My prayer for the church today is that we would live the truth as quickly as we accept the truth.

Now, for somethings that I wish I said....

  • Purity is a relationship goal that can be chased by married and single adults alike.
  • The standard of purity isn't set by our wants and desires, but by the Word of God.
  • To be people of purity, we need the grace of God active in our lives.
  • The Holy Spirit of God will empower us to honor God with our lives.
  • Sin kept in secret will destroy us.  Freedom found when sin is brought into the light.
  • If you are struggling, you are not alone.
  • Don't stay in an unhealthy relationship out of fear of what others will say, think or do.  Remember the truth from Hebrews 13:  What can mere mortals do to you.  God is your helper!

Comments