Sunday Recap

Wow! What do you say after a day like yesterday? Great crowds. Great spirit. Great move of God. Well, that sums it up. I guess that is what you say after a day like yesterday. My message focused on the state of the church. While it was nothing earth shattering and there were few surprises for those who have been around Parkway for long, there seemed to be a real excitement about what God is calling us to be and do in 2009. People were locked in and listening with their hearts the whole message. Then at the end of the talk, I gave people a chance to trust Christ, like I always do and you will never believe what happened next. During the first service, three people raised their hands. Between the services, I told God that I couldn't believe what just happened and told Him that if that was it for the day, I would be more than OK. But He wasn't done yet. At the invitation in the second service, hands went up all over the auditorium. So many that I couldn't count. I was blown away by this and almost brought to tears and if you know me, you know that is saying something!

It hit me hard because I know how this decision changes a life. The decision to trust Christ is the most important decision that you can make. It also hit be because it was a continued affirmation that GOD is bringing people to us who need to hear about Jesus. He is calling men, women, and children to Parkway every week because He knows that we (to the best of our ability) will be faithful with his message and will be dependant on Him. Let this attitude and let his trust never go away!

On top of this, here are some of the other amazing things that happened yesterday:

  • Had a solid Group Link event.
  • Had a gentlemen stop me after the second service and say that he wanted to help launch a group for those struggling with additions.
  • Had a ton of young adults both married and single in the crowd. We need to get creative on how to reach and connect more young adults. They are here and no one else in town is reaching them like we are.
  • Had an amazing response both services to the financial update that I gave. I didn't think that the second service was going to let me get through it. They kept interuppting with their applause.
  • Got a good laugh with the little podium gag. I still don't see the humor in it, but you did so there you go.

Yea God for all of these things and for the things that only He knows about that happened yesterday in the church.

Comments