Hello 2009!

We had a solid day yesterday at Parkway. It felt good to get back into life's normal routines with people I love so much. Plus, I got to preach through our Core Values. Yes, I am more than passionate about this church and what it's purpose is in Victoria. And yes, I am blown away by all that God is doing among us. We saw more people go public with their faith yesterday - very cool.

Here are a few things that are still rolling through my mind from yesterday:
    • The church that is close to Jesus can do anything. The church that is far from Jesus can do nothing.
    • We need the daily discipline of drawing close to Jesus. For me this year, I am going to use, www.youversion.com, as a tool to help.
    • I am still looking for people that will take me up on the Bible in a year challenge. Email me to let me know that you are in.
    • Didn't mean to take a shot at Mr. Osteen...kinda just fell our of my mouth (twice) but I stand behind our value of the Bible directing life-change.
    • If you aren't connected in a Small Group, you need to get plugged in. GroupLink is on Sunday. Don't miss it.
    • My little "don't you put me on a pedestal that God never intended" was an on the spot thing during the second service but I am sure glad that God put it those words in my mouth. None of us should be on a pedestal. There is level ground at the cross and God has called all of us just as clearly as he has called me to impact the world.
I love Parkway Church. I love you. I love our mission. I love getting to see lives changed by Christ. Let's take this thing to the next level in 2009.

Comments

hulanh said…
Your message on Sunday regarding the TEN CORE VALUES of Parkway was the best that I have ever heard.
My daughter, Cheri, and her Leah, have said the same thing to me. You did a REALLY GOOD JOB Mike.
I just want our Deacon boys to capitalize on this message and use it to catapult us forward into 2009 with great effectivenes for Christ.

Hulan