Things I Wish I Said...

Yesterday was a strong day at Parkway Church. I felt really good about the whole day. Probably the most exciting thing was seeing people in the atrium making the ask and starting new mentoring relationships. Now that I think about it, these weren't the most exciting moments of the day. The most exciting moments where when 4 people (2 in each service) raised their hand to let me know that they had trusted Christ. It is amazing to see God call people to trust him every week at the end of the services. We also had a ton of new people and registrations for 101.

Now on to the things I wish that I said:

1. Paul and Timothy get most of the pub for mentoring relationships in the church but there are many other role models that we should look to in addition to them. Think Jethro/Moses, Jonathan/David, and probably my favorite Barnabas/Paul.

2. Mentoring relationships don't have to consume all of our time. Sure it's about being together but it's more about intentionality in these relationships. We are doing life together on purpose.

3. You can find these relationships everywhere. The first place that I would look is in my small group since you are already connecting regularly. Now you take a relationship from that group to the next level.

4. Mentors can be up close and personal. They can also be found through reading and listening. Next week, I will share with you who some of my major role models have been over the years.

5. You can be in too many relationships. Find a way to focus your relationships so that intentionality is possible.

That's it for now. Have a great week.

Comments