Wild Goose Chase

Today, Mark Batterson's next book, Wild Goose Chase, hits the shelves. Mark and I got to know each other through our time in DC and through our common partnership with Threads Media. Through all of my interactions with Mark over the years, he has proven himself to be the real deal. I am excited about how God is using him both in DC and around the world.

Enjoy this quote from the opening paragraph of the book:
The Celtic Christians had a name for the Holy Spirit that has always
intrigued me. They called him An Geadh-Glas or the Wild Goose. I love the
imagery and implications. The name hints at the mysterious nature of the Holy
Spirit. Much like a wild goose, the Spirit of God cannot be tracked or tamed. An
element of danger and air of unpredictability surround Him. And while the name
may sound a little sacrilegious at first earshot, I cannot think of a better
description of what it's like to live a Spirit-led life than Wild Goose Chase. I
think the Celtic Christians were on to something that institutionalized
Christianity has missed out on. And I wonder if we have clipped the wings of the
Wild Goose and settled for something less-much less-than God originally intended
for us.

Comments