Things I Wish I Said...

Yesterday was an amazing day at Parkway Church. From the lights, to the videos, to the sound, to the band, to the worship team, I couldn't have been prouder as we pointed people to the kindness of God. I still can't get the sound of the hammers hitting the nails as people came forward to take action on commitments they made during the service.

While it was a great day, there are still a few things that I wish I had said:

I know why women are often times more "spiritually mature" than men. One of the secrets to spiritual maturity is repentance which means to change your mind about something. Women change their mind about everything all the time. :-)

Why is it that some people would like to be spanked at church rather than be encouraged by the fact that we worship and serve a kind God who woos us with his kindness?

If it wasn't for the kindness of God, we would have no hope.

Our God is kind, but he is no wimp.

God's kindness sets the bar high for how we should treat one another. Kindness should flavor our daily lives when with are at work, with our families, in our neighborhoods and even in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

I loved praying for our families with new babies yesterday during the service. (Right now, if you are thinking, aren't all babies new, you are right.) One of the things I think God has called us, me and Kristi, to do in Victoria is invest in young families so that the next generation of kids can grow up in amazing homes that honor God.

That is it for now. Next week, "I Am Legend" and God has a plan.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The nailing of commitments to the cross was very moving. As I hit the nail, I felt a sense of relief and honor to lay my burden at the feet of Jesus. (I nailed my commitment on the bottom of the cross). I am excited to begin living my commitment before God and know that He will guide me and strength me.