I'm sorry maam, but we aren't taking customers.

That is what my wife heard yesterday and you won't believe where. It wasn't a doctor's office for the kids. It's wasn't a stylist for her hair. It wasn't a mechanic for the cars. So where was it? It was a dry cleaners. You read that correctly. A dry cleaner in town isn't accepting new business. It's not a fancy boutique specialty cleaner. It's just a dry cleaner. You take your dirty stuff and you get clean stuff but they won't take my dirty stuff! What's up with that?

This frustrates me to the core for a couple of reasons. The first is obvious. I need clean clothes. The second reason has a little more depth to it. Here it is: why is it that there isn't the same demand for church as their is for dry cleaning? I'm going to have to chew on this one for a while.

Comments