D-Town

Yesterday after the kids got out of school, we jumped in the van and made the 6 hour drive to Dallas. All in all, it wasn't a bad drive. Plenty of movies, games, talk radio, and a little sleep for everyone except for me. On the way, we stopped at a little town called Luling. Luling should be a role model for small town commerce development or at least image development. The streets of Luling are lined with garden centers, farmer's markets and other home grown delicacies. All of these places give you a reason to stop in Luling. We stopped at the main farmer's market and picked up a fresh watermelon for today's family reunion. After we left the fruit's and veggie stand, we caught a glimpse of Luling BBQ. We ate like Texans. At this hole-in-the-wall place, we got some of the best brisket and ribs that I can remember. I think I am going to start to look for excuses to drive through Luling now that I know this place exists!

Today, most of my family is going to gather at my brother's house. It should be fun to see everyone and for them to get to know Nick, Leah, and Bekah.

Comments