My Friend the Rock Star

I know a rock star. Really, I do. My friend, Chris Seay, was listed as one of the ten rock star preachers in Houston. Check out this link. He is on page 9. As I looked at this list, I had a Sesame Street moment - which one of these is not like the other? I don't mean anything against Chris with this, but he isn't like the others on the list, at least not to me. Want to know who Chris is to me? Read this excerpt from Repurposed, my latest release from Threads Media.

When I met Chris, he wasn’t one of the leading pastors for emerging generations as he is today. He was just a high school kid with a passion for Christ and a desire to see God work in our school. He led a small Bible study and prayer group. This was a serious prayer group. They prayed not only for their needs but they also prayed, by name, for people they knew who didn’t know Christ. I was one of those people. Just after I prayed to receive Christ, Chris invited me into a relationship that shaped my life forever: “Mikey, now that you know Christ, let me help you follow Him.” I quickly accepted his invitation because I knew absolutely nothing about my new faith. Over the next few months, through this relationship, I learned how to pray, study my Bible, and how to relate to others in Christ-honoring ways. He taught me a ton in a short amount of time, but the lasting lesson from our relationship is that spiritual leaders invite others into their lives. They lead in an up close and personal way. They lead by example.

Comments

Jennifer Bacak said…
Oh, this kind of makes me want to cry! I remember both of you guys back in those days.
God is cool. Who could have foreseen all that has transpired since then?
So cool.
jenn
Anonymous said…
Mike, I want to see you on this list next year. That is all.
Mike Hurt said…
Funny B. I may not make this list, but if they made a top ten list of Rock Star pastors in Victoria, I bet I could make that list. :-)

Jenn...who could have imagined all that God would do? Not me. I can only imagine what it is like for your Mom and Dad to see all that God is doing through their kids.