The Differences Between DC and Victoria

We have been back in Victoria for a month now and I figured that I'd update you on a few of the differences between DC and Victoria:

1. My commute in DC was 45 minutes. My drive in Victoria is 4 to 5 minutes.
2. In DC, to get to work I passed Dulles Airport and the Silicon Valley of the east. In Victoria, I pass fields full of cows and goats.
3. My pita addiction from DC has been replaced by a fresh tortilla addiction in Victoria.
4. In DC, I was a strategic administrator. In Victoria, I am getting to be a strategic pastor.
5. In DC, I got 100 emails a day. In Victoria, I get 100 emails a month.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, to live in the country....:)

Glad you are enjoying it!
Jack Tibbitts said…
Can I add points to this? There might be a few points left out. :)

Blessings Mikey from your old friends in VA. Sad how much you miss someone when you know they are no longer next door. Sad as when you were here and I did not make enough time to spend with you and getting our families together.

That said, I'm Glad too. Glad to see our Savior bring you and the Parkway together. I can't wait to see how He will use this time.

May the grace of our Father, Jesus Christ, shine brightly through the body in Victoria. May many new strong and faithful disciples for Christ RISE up and spread the good news!

Blessings, be safe and CALL US. Even though you are far, you will always be a friend.


Blessings my brother.


His servant elect,

John