What do you get when you pack a room full with Baptist preachers?

Bard, Kim and I just returned from the Pastor/Staff Fellowship of our local Baptist association. We went to get to know others and to experience some of the oneness that I have been praying for and preaching on. Besides food, you never know what you are going to get when you put a bunch of Baptist preachers in a room together so I didn't know what to expect. :-)

I was more than pleasantly surprised by what we experienced. As lunch was served, we were warmly welcomed and there was a genuine interest and concern for Parkway Church. I was given the opportunity to speak to the group and to introduce myself. I talked about how God used Nehemiah to confirm my return to Parkway. That went great. Then, we prayed together and the meeting ended.

What I saw in this room was a group of men who are committed to the church and to their calling to serve the bride of Christ. I saw solid relationships and love one for another. What I didn't see was negativity, criticism, or competition. It was very encouraging.

Comments

MeeMaw PawPaw said…
Mike, I am happy to see your family back in Victoria and you as Senior Pastor of Parkway. I am always encouraged by being with the Pastors & Staff of the GBA. I volunteer with Glen Dry and the Experience Excellence / Man To Man Ministries. Welcome and I look forward to sharing & serving Christ together with you & the Parkway Family.
Larry Jones
Mike Hurt said…
Thanks Larry. It was good to see you yesterday.