Things that I Wish I Said...One Prayer Wrap Up Edition

Well, my first series at Parkway is done. And if I do say so myself, One Prayer, was the perfect way to launch into life and ministry in Victoria. Teaching through John 17 provided the perfect blend of Biblical truth, real life application, and vision casting opportunities. Looking forward to the next series, The Big Picture, where we will look at the character of God as taught in Scripture and portrayed on the big screen. Should be fun. Now on to things that I wish I had said yesterday:

I don’t think that God wants to make us slightly uncomfortable. I think he wants us to be “kidney stone” uncomfortable. The kind of discomfort where something must get done! (If you have every had a “stone” before, you know exactly what I am saying. I have had 2.)

Being sent by Jesus to dangerous places takes guts and maturity. If you don’t have both, wait until you do before you go.

Why do we always make things more complicated than they should be? Our calling is to love Jesus. Our purpose is to share Jesus. Seems simple enough to me.

You don’t have to be a Jesus freak to believe that their is power in Jesus name. Never deny Christ by minimizing the power of HIS name.

Sanctified is word packed with theological meaning and huge implications on our lives. We have all be “sanctified” or set aside for God’s purposes if we know Jesus. Get this: we have not been tossed aside. We have been set aside for specific works and actions.

Jesus didn’t die for us to be comfortable.

I’d love to know where you where challenged or encouraged through this series. What did God do in you? I know we have hundreds of readers our there so let’s start the week right. Let’s encourage each other with God’s work among us!

Comments

Anonymous said…
love this blog...meat to chew on! I found myself using the concepts quite frequently in conversations I had with people over my time in Texas.
Mike Hurt said…
Thanks Julie!
Unknown said…
I love this quote:

Jesus didn't die so we could be comfortable.

Awesome. Challenging. Thank you!