Things that I Wish I Said - Father's Day Edition

Yesterday was a strong Father's Day. I spoke from Paul's prayer for the Ephesians in Ephesians 3. Tried to challenge Dads to make God big in their life and in their kid's lives. The way I see it, there are 4 prayers that dads should be firing up on a regular basis for their kids:

1. God, strengthen my kids with might and power in their inner man. Make them strong from the inside out.
2. God, make yourself at home in my kid as Christ dwells in their heart by faith.
3. God, help my child to know the dimensions of your love so that they will know that you are big enough to handle everything in their life.
4. God, let my child know the full measure of who you are so that they will make wise decisions when they are far from me.

While the message was good, the big time moment of the service is when Richard sang, I've Been Watching You. He got a standing "O" during the first service!

So, here is what I wish I would have said:

1. Jesus grew in wisdom, stature, and in favor with all me. This should be our priority for growth in our kids as well. Let's do it in this order and see what God can do. (I said this during the 2ND service, so I wanted to include this here for my first service friends.)

2. Father's Day is a tough day for those who are trying to have a baby and can't. Don't give up on this. Don't give up on God. Keep trusting. Keep trying. Keep looking for what God might be doing in you through this.

3. A Father's Day talk is easier to give than a Mother's Day talk. I will have to tap into my feminine side on Mother's Day. Look out.

4. Louie Gigglio is the one who said, "God is not the reflection of your father. He is the perfection of your father." That guy is good!

5. I wanted to show this video in the service, but couldn't find the right place and didn't have the time. No worries. We will use it in the future.



I think that is it for today. Have a great week.

Comments