Things I Wish I Said - Monday Morning Edition

Overall, yesterday was a strong day. I was encouraged by the crowds even though school just got out. I know a ton of people who were on vacation. (Isn't it funny how pastors justify the attendance numbers!) Anyway. I thought the band did a great job. It was cool to see Steve on the stage rather than just back stage making sure all of the details are covered. Also, 3 men gave their lives to Jesus yesterday in the first service. Doesn't get any cooler than this. This is why Parkway Church exists!

Now, on to things that I wish I had said:

It sure feels good to be in Victoria. I know that I said this yesterday, but I just wanted to say it again.

I stand behind my statment that you shouldn't follow a follower and that if you quote John Ortberg, Beth Moore, or Dave Ramsey more than you quote Jesus Christ then you have a problem BUT let me just say that I am love all three of these people and their work for Christ.

Pursuing Christ isn't one-size fits all, but we are all required to be pursuing Him. Don't give up!

Knowing Christ is one-size fits all. Only faith in Jesus makes a person right with God. I said it yesterday, but I had to say it again. Do you see a trend today?

Comments