Whiteboard Takeaways

I have had a couple of days to chew on the things that were taught at Whiteboard on Thursdays. Before I get to what I learned, let me tell you that it was an awesome event. Ben and the team did a great job especially since it was their first conference of this sort to pull off. Ben is a great add to the Catalyst team. If I were doing the conference the only thing that I would do differently is to add more visual elements to the speakers notes. Some of the speakers had slides. Others didn't. Even those with slides weren't as cutting edge as I had hoped to see.

Here is what I took away from each speaker:

Mark Batterson
You dreams are too small.
The longer I lead the more I covet the favor of God.
I'd rather have 1 God idea than a 1000 good ideas.

Vince Antonucci
If we aren't close to people who are far from Jesus, then we aren't as close to God as we think we are.

Tim Stevens
Cool slides can make a non-descript talk better.

Darrin Pattrick
An idol is the sin beneath the sinner.
I am a bigger sinner than I thought - He's a bigger Saviour than I thought.

Mark Dever
The church will win.
God has put himself on display through the local church.
Church is not an event to be produced but a relationship to be nurtured.

John Burke
Spiritual growth is very simple: "Stay Connected, Fruit Happens"
As leaders, we must create cultures where spiritual growth is all about staying connected and helping others do the same.
It's so simple. It's crazy.

Perry Noble
As pastors, we better know why we do what we do otherwise, we will quit or disqualify ourselves morally.
There is way to much imitation in the church and not enough revelation in the church.
Kermit is green. God isn't. We can save the planet and people will still go to hell.
Hold on to your fork. Dessert is coming.

Comments