Pop Goes the Church

This week, a new book by one of the pastors at Granger Community Church hits the shelves. Granger is known for it's cutting edge ministry and creativity in reaching people for Christ. I love a lot of what they do. The soon-to-be-released book is Pop Goes the Church by Tim Stevens. I track along with Tim's blog. Today, he wrote that he is catching heat for this video of an interview with his local Fox affiliate. Check it out for yourself.




As I watched the piece, I don't see what his detractors do. He talks about the church being relevant and Biblical - two very good and needed things. My only bone to pick with him is that he orders the necessary elements as: Theme, Cultural Connect and Biblical Truth. I am sure that he orders it this way to show how their services progress toward Biblical truth and life change. As for Parkway, I want to make sure that even if our services progress as he describes they were not created in that order. Service and sermon planning starts with the Biblical truth, moves to culture, and to the overall theme of the service. So to put it in simple terms. Our prep starts with truth and our service ends with truth. Pretty simple to me.

Comments