Confirmation [Part Three]

Now, we move to God's confirmation through people. As I start, I want to make sure we are all on the same page here. God uses people in our lives for many of his significant actions in our lives. People are a key part of God's communication plan with us. God used a few people to speak to me on the decision to make the move to become the Senior Pastor at Parkway Church.

First, he used my wife, Kristi. She was there to challenge my ego and to challenge my motives. She was there to encourage me to see what God wants us to see not just what we can see with our own mind and our own thoughts. She was there to pray for me and with me.

Second, he used Scott. Weatherford has been a friend and a leader in my life for almost 15 years. Scott encouraged me to that now is the time to lead. He spurred me to take a great risk for God.

Third, God used the Search Team and their families. The commitment expressed through the Search Team spoke volumes to me about the future and the direction of the church. The time that meant the most to me was the first time that we got to hang out together as a part of my "secret" visit. We ate Jason Elder's fajitas at the Mumford's house. It doesn't get any better than that. What hit me that night is how good these people are and how great the people of Victoria are in general. Victoria is good people. My grammar isn't right, but it captures what God taught me in this simple meal among friends. You see, God had been working on me that part of his call on my life was for me to lead and love a local congregation. As I was with the team (and later with the church), I learned that I still love the people of Parkway. Eight years had passed, but nothing had changed. Once that hit me, I knew that I was home.

How does God use relationships in your life to confirm his will?

Comments