Confirmation [Part One]

This week, I am going to focus my blogging on how God is confirming my call to be the Senior Pastor at Parkway Church. Through the process with the Search Team, with the church and with my family, God has been doing some huge things and teaching me some huge lessons. So, that is the focus for the week.

What is the first way, that God confirmed it? Well, that came through Scripture. I am holding that until tomorrow. What was the second way that God confirmed it? Well, that was through relationships. I am holding that until Wednesday. What is the third way that God confirmed it? Well, that was through a unified church. I am holding that until Thursday. What was the fourth way that God confirmed it? Well, that was through prayer. I am holding that until Friday.

So, what am I starting with today?

God has confirmed our call to Victoria through supernatural circumstances. God worked a miracle on our behalf this weekend by selling our house. You read that correctly. Our house is sold. The closing date is scheduled for May 30 just as we wanted. Once I knew that an offer was imminent, I prayed (and had my family pray with me) that God would show us how big he is through this offer and that his provision for our family would be known. He came through. In a down market, we didn’t get everything we wanted but we learned once again how to trust God’s timing on things.

Here’s the lesson for all of us. When you look at the circumstantial evidence of God’s moving in your life, it’s all about the timing. That is what you look for. You look for God to open doors that no man can shut. You look for God to work through every authority structure on earth and heaven to achieve reveal his will to you. In this, you begin to learn how to look with his eyes instead of your own. You learn that living by faith is much more fun and rewarding than living by certainty.

Thanks everyone for praying that the house would sell. Now we need to trust God that nothing will stop the sale.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats! That is wonderful!