Confirmation [Part Five]

Sorry for running a day late on this one. The last way means of confirmation that I want to talk about it prayer. This decison has been thoroughly prayed through. I don't mean short one sentence type prayers either. There are been significant seasons of prayer regarding Parkway's next Senior Pastor and the potential of that being me. Kristi and I have been praying since March of 2007. The church has been praying right along with me and Kristi. The Search Team has been praying since September of 2007. In early 2008, Parkway entered a focused time of prayer including fasting and creative prayer walks.

This time of prayer and fasting taught me much about myself and Parkway Church. I was proud of the church for admitting they had needs. Everyone could have just gone on business as usual, but that didn't happen. Rather than making everything look good on the outside, the church admitted by prayer that they were desperate for God to work. This was right where they needed to be because there is no desperation when you are desperate for God. He always comes through.

The prayer lesson for me in all of this is to trust God a step at a time. This is hard for me. I like to see the whole picture on things, but God's confirmation doesn't always come in the blink of an eye so prayerful trust is required.

How does God confirm his will to you through prayer?

Comments