My Journey Through the Bible

Right now, I am still chewing on and working through 1 Timothy. I have been here for weeks. It's funny how slowly I work through Scripture. I can read a 400 page book in an afternoon, but six chapters of Paul's letter to Timothy have captured my attention for weeks.

So what is God up to?

Big stuff like understanding my calling. God has called me not to just be Godly but to do specific things for Him. See 1 Timothy 4:12-16 for a hint as to what I am learning.

Even bigger stuff like fining contentment in a never good enough world. What am I really chasing? This is the goal: "But godliness with contentment is great gain." 1 Tim 6:6

I am also digging into the life of Biblical leaders. 1 Tim 3 is teachign me who deacons and overseers are to be. It reminds me of the high call of God on the life of a leader.

More to come.

Comments