Hangin' with Nehemiah

Over the weekend, I completed the last task for RePurposed. Man, does it feel good to be done! To prepare for writing, I have been hanging out with Nehemiah since August. He and I "talk" everyday as I read his memoirs and consider the implications on my life and others. It has been intense let me tell you. More on that later. As I worked on the project, I witnessed an interesting shift in me. Once, I wanted to do the things that Nehemiah did. Now I want to be the man that Nehemiah was. I can never accomplish all that he did, but I can strive to have the same character qualities as Nehemiah.

My guess is that even though I am done writing I will keep learning from Nehemiah as a lead in the next few years (and probably more). It makes me wonder if we shouldn't all find a spiritual mentor in the Bible and dig deep into their life so that we can learn about the character of God and pattern our lives after them. So, who would you choose to be your spiritual mentor from the Bible?

Comments