Whatever it Takes

I visited the Quest Church today. Great experience. The Quest was launched three and a half years ago by Paul Gillmore and his wife Heidi. Church planters impress me. Paul and Heidi were no different. Their whatever it takes attitude inspires me as does their passion to reach out to people who don't know Christ.

So, why was I there? Was I spying on the competition? No way. We are on the same team. I was there to learn from them. They meet in the Regal Cinemas at Manassas. I was there to learn how McLean Bible Church and Frontline could use theaters as a part of our ten campuses in ten years dream.

I figured that I would get a few tips on how to make a theater church work. I got that and saw much more. What I saw was a pretty solid representation of what McLean Bible Church would do if it were planted in a theater. How can that be? Well, its simple Paul and Heidi were MBC attendees. Heide was even on the Kid's Quest staff team before they launched the church. They took mcuh of what they learned at MBC and applied it to their dream to build a church in Manassas. (and did a great job I might add)

It was a very encouraging morning.

I was encouraged on a couple of fronts. First, I left convinced that, with some creativity, we could make the theater church format work for MBC and Frontline. Second, I was excited that MBC had played such a significant role in Paul and Heidi's lives. It was a big time reminder that it is impossilbe to know all of the great things God is doing in people as a result of our church.
The only downside of the day was that The Quest already meets in a great theater in an area where we would like to be!

Comments