OJT

To prepare for our church's Men's Conference that is coming up in May, I was asked to write a few words about what God is teaching. I chose to write about what I am learning as a dad.

Check it out:

As the father of three great kids, I am convinced that parenting is the ultimate on the job training experience. I consistently find myself learning in the middle of real life situations. I find myself making real time decisions that will shape my children's lives for years to come. I do my best, but there are times that it feels like my skills are only as good as today will have them. Rather than fearing this, I have grown to embrace it. Because I know that I will be a better dad tomorrow because of what I am learning today. I also know that learning as I go demands that I be a man of faith, because it is God who holds the keys to the future and it is his Sprit that is giving me the wisdom necessary for today.

Comments